Your favorite faction, and why?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

Demmue wrote:
Escape The Fate wrote:I love the new castle faction, its my favorite line that i own.
While I like the knights of the current line I HATE the Skeletons. I find that they are not as versatile as past enemies and they are less playable due to their limited arm movement, that's why I'm really looking forward to the Troll faction expansion next year as seen in the Dwarf mine.

Having said that I'd say that the Dragon Masters are still my favorite, I wish I had bought more of them back in the day.
I agree with the skellies. While I don't mind the occasional skeleton thrown in to a set, a whole faction of skellies is the worst army of all time. Give me the orcs or trolls any day!
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

The Crown Knights are definitely the best yet, though the only factions I don't like are KK2 and non-human (nothing wrong with the non-human ones...just not interested in collecting those, though the skull shields are great). KK1 Lions have fallen down my list of favorites, though....It was the series that got me playing with castle lego again, but the colors just clash too much....the knight that came with the castle and "prison" set (that had the chrome breastplate) is a very nice fig though.
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Blue Monarch wrote:
Demmue wrote:
Escape The Fate wrote:I love the new castle faction, its my favorite line that i own.
While I like the knights of the current line I HATE the Skeletons. I find that they are not as versatile as past enemies and they are less playable due to their limited arm movement, that's why I'm really looking forward to the Troll faction expansion next year as seen in the Dwarf mine.

Having said that I'd say that the Dragon Masters are still my favorite, I wish I had bought more of them back in the day.
I agree with the skellies. While I don't mind the occasional skeleton thrown in to a set, a whole faction of skellies is the worst army of all time. Give me the orcs or trolls any day!
Thankfully the trolls will become the major enemy soon. Something soldi to kill!!!
I only use Black Falcons, though I own Dragon masters, Knights Kingdom (The coloured Knights e.g. Danju) and New Castle as well. The reasons being (for BF): I "inheirted" them from my cousins, hence my first medieval LEGOs. Also the colours, and emblem (I love Falcons). All in a nutshell: one of the best teams I've played as.
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

As it took me many years to find salvation from the dark ages, I have missed many of these great factions.

I do have a bunch of knights from each of hese factions thanks to an AFOL in Germany who sold me the vast majority of his minifigs (a large blue Lego container full); however, none of the sets.

When I started buying again it was initially Star Wars sets and Harry Potter. As such I have to call the new Castle line with the knights specifically being by favourite.

Why, mostly due to availability. Throw in colours, weapons, armour, etc, and it is a done deal. The line also seems to be getting back to darker factions, which will make nice additions to my future LOTR scene.

Must have more orcs!

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
Shoes
Laborer

Post by Shoes »

1st: Forestmen

2nd: Black falcons

3rd: New Undead Line

All these factions to me seem to be the protaganists because they have
the most people using the generic grin head, Thats just me A non
maniacle smile means "I'm the good guy, vote for me!"

That's just me.

-Ethan
When life gives you lemons... Throw 'em back and demand for chocolate!

Fact: I'm faster than 80% of all snakes
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

I don't understand why everyone hates an army of all skeletons. We have so many human factions, and yeah dwarves and orcs are cool but I see nothing wrong with fighting an army of skeletons. There are lots of good computer games where you fight skeletons as well as orcs and stuff. It helps '(because) you can make a really decent horde by mixing all these evil races together.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Lions from the King's Castle of the mid-eighties are what brought me out of my dark ages so they will have a special place in my world. This gave KKI and the Royal Knights an advantage of having a predisposition towards Lion factions. Those three are my most favorite if I had to pick one(well, three, I kind of link them). Out of those, no don't make me pick a top one out of those, I would be debating that question for a long while.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Ardohoth
Peasant

Post by Ardohoth »

black Falcons for ever my faction goes stronger and stronger every day.
The Rage of Gods will soon appear again on this earth and Twillight Knights will walk again the Grounds of Durandar
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

PunkRockCowboy wrote:I don't understand why everyone hates an army of all skeletons. We have so many human factions, and yeah dwarves and orcs are cool but I see nothing wrong with fighting an army of skeletons. There are lots of good computer games where you fight skeletons as well as orcs and stuff. It helps '(because) you can make a really decent horde by mixing all these evil races together.
And I always hate fighting skellies in games too!!! Well, at least someone wants skellies. More power to you!
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:Lions from the King's Castle of the mid-eighties are what brought me out of my dark ages so they will have a special place in my world. This gave KKI and the Royal Knights an advantage of having a predisposition towards Lion factions. Those three are my most favorite if I had to pick one(well, three, I kind of link them). Out of those, no don't make me pick a top one out of those, I would be debating that question for a long while.
-Tower
I actually prefer these knights to the Black Falcons. I think that's because I never owned the Crusader's Castles and really wanted them when I was a kid. Fortunately I owned quite a few of them from smaller sets. They are one of my favorites.
FishRfine
Freeman

Post by FishRfine »

black knights. they look the coolest, have the most defendable castles, have the highest ratio of figs, and have a navy.
davor
Freeman

Post by davor »

nr.1 - vikings. just love them
nr.2 - undead line (both skeletons and humans look cool)
nr.3 - black falcons, dragon masters, black monarch....

line that i already love althou its not yet so out orcs-dwarfs-troll combination for 2008. will have to buy LOT of boxes.