Advent calendar - who waited til December?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
sirJacob
Laborer

Post by sirJacob »

mine is waiting for me over in finland, so I have to wait untill aprill! but my nice brother-in-law keeps me uppdated day by day, whats in todays box!
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

MarioDAlessio wrote: I only purchased two one to open and one for misb collection. I thought their would be some left over after Christmas to pick up discounted.

Mario
that's what i figured as well so i didn't buy any since i didn't want to pay those steep shipping charges.

good thing i was able to get a few from a german BL store. still much cheaper than getting from aussie S@H. the internet is definitely a great information bank...helps u find the cheapest available worldwide.
MarioDAlessio
Foot Soldier

Post by MarioDAlessio »

natelite wrote: good thing i was able to get a few from a german BL store. still much cheaper than getting from aussie S@H.
thanks for the information, I think it will be a highy collectable set in the future with such limited sales offered.

Md
brian
Freeman

Post by brian »

It was really tough to wait, but now I start each day with coffee and opening my calender before I go to work. It put's me in a good mood every morning.
" Black Falcon High football team rules!"
Lcuan82
Apprentice

Post by Lcuan82 »

I bought 2 and I haven't opened them yet.

This is my problem - I think I am slowly drifting into a dark age, in that my urge to buy is much stronger than my urge to play with the set.

I still have a Vladek's castle from 2006 that's unopened... also Dwarves' mine. Maybe I just need to move into a place that supports massive lego display.
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

Lcuan82 wrote:I bought 2 and I haven't opened them yet.

This is my problem - I think I am slowly drifting into a dark age, in that my urge to buy is much stronger than my urge to play with the set.

I still have a Vladek's castle from 2006 that's unopened... also Dwarves' mine. Maybe I just need to move into a place that supports massive lego display.
TOTALLY agree with this. I can NOT pass up a deal, yet can't remember the last time I creatively built something from my imagination. My wife always says I seem to like acquiring Lego more than anything.

THANKFULLY my son is 6 1/2, and really getting into Lego, so hopefully he'll keep me from entering a dark age. I'll need to build some forces up to battle his King's castle he's getting for Christmas.
Lcuan82
Apprentice

Post by Lcuan82 »

I don't have kids yet. But when I do, I can't imagine having him tearing through my lego collection, haha.

Maybe I'll buy him some random theme like City first, to keep him interested in lego but also preoccupied. Then I will hand over the reins when he turns 18...
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

Lcuan82 wrote:I don't have kids yet. But when I do, I can't imagine having him tearing through my lego collection, haha.

Maybe I'll buy him some random theme like City first, to keep him interested in lego but also preoccupied. Then I will hand over the reins when he turns 18...
No, no, no. He has HIS Lego, and daddy has HIS. :D He has a handful of small city sets, a bunch of Star Wars sets, and a small castle set. He LOVES playing with them, and is very creative. What blows me away, is he's coming up with a bunch of building techniques I see used here. And he hasn't even seen the site. He's light years ahead of me when I was his age in terms of technique. But I had a better eye for design! :lol:
Fenneke-Jose
Peasant

Post by Fenneke-Jose »

I opened mine today. I Just opend 5 boxes. The rest I wil open the following days of the month.
Traveler
Reeve

Post by Traveler »

I waited!

And am still waiting, until I get home to my parents' house on the 19th. :(
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

I bought three. I opened two of them and the kids of opening the third one door at a time.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
melonkernel
Apprentice

I do

Post by melonkernel »

I open them each morning now that it is december. I got mine as a fathers day gift (it's in novemberin Finland).
My brother in law, SirJacob, has ordered one at the same time, but he is in australia now, so when i open it each morning, i put a picture on Facebook so he can see what it was..
AFOL, Programmer etc.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/melonkernel]My Flickr page[/url]
[url=http://bskog.com/category/lego/]Lego Blog[/url]: [url=http://bskog.com/lego-instructions/]Lego Instructions[/url].
sirJacob
Laborer

Re: I do

Post by sirJacob »

Woohooo I got the calendar for my birthday! the 3 december!!!
melonkernel gave it to me!
I can't wait to get home!
melonkernel wrote: My brother in law, SirJacob, has ordered one at the same time, but he is in australia now, so when i open it each morning, i put a picture on Facebook so he can see what it was..
and thats why you're my favourite brother-in-law!
The best part of the day is when i log in to facebook to find out whats in the calendar!

cheers Melonkernel!
The Crusader
Freeman

Post by The Crusader »

I waited till yesterday and opened the previous days, as I just havent had time

this set is all kinds of win
DanDanLegoman
Freeman

Post by DanDanLegoman »

Today's little archery set was really cute. I also have the City themed calendar, and that one was a brick-built tree with a cat.

I'm liking these way more than last year's advent calendar.